those wishing to marry at the Feathers Hotel
1. As soon as you have made your provisional arrangements for your
marriage at the
Feathers Hotel, it is essential that you contact the Superintendent
Ludlow Register Office, Stone House, Corve Street, Ludlow. Tel:
2. Without the presence of the Superintendent Registrar and a Registrar
there can be no marriage and any arrangements for the use of the
Feathers hotel depend entirely on their ability. It is therefore
essential that you make an advanced booking with the Superintendent
Registrar for his attendance at your marriage as soon as a booking
is accepted by the Hotel.
A fee for this attendance will be payable directly to the Superintendent
Registrar before the ceremony.
3. You will also have to give notice of marriage to the Superintendent
Registrar(s) of the District(s) in which you live. This notice
must be given in person by one of you but is valid for only three
months. One of you should therefore attend the registrar office
where you live as soon as possible after notice is given.
4. It is essential that you understand that any arrangements made
for a marriage to take place at the Feathers Hotel are dependant
a.) The attendance of the Superintendent Registrar and a registrar
for the district in which the premises are situated, and
b.) The issue of the authority or authorities for marriage by the
Superintendent Registrar(s) to whom notice of marriage was given.
5. When the notice is given in a different registration district
from the one where the marriage is taking place, you will have
to collect the authority before the ceremony and ensure that it
is delivered to the registrar who is attending the ceremony.
6. You are advised that only a civil, non religious ceremony can
be permitted by the Superintendent Registrar. Any music, readings,
words or performance which form any part of the ceremony must be
secular. The content of the ceremony must be agreed in advance
with the superintendent Registrar who will present at the ceremony.
7. Any right of copyright for music, readings, etc.. Permitted
at the ceremony are a
matter for you and the holder of the approval.